Healthcare Professionals

Sterile Processing

Studies have shown that approximately 17% of instruments pulled for laparoscopic surgery are used1 – what happens to the other 83% of instruments that go unused during a case?

1. Stockert EW, Langerman A. Assessing the magnitude and costs of intraoperative inefficiencies attributable to surgical instrument trays. J Am Coll Surg 2014;219:646-55

Sterile Processing

Because these instruments have entered the OR, your department must disinfect, clean, sterilize and repackage them as you would those instruments that were used on the patient. Most central sterile/sterile processing departments (CS/SPD) are already overburdened and struggle to leverage scarce resources as surgical volumes increase and instrumentation becomes more complex.

Let us work with you to eliminate redundancy in your laparoscopic instrument sets for greater process efficiency, lower costs and less waste.

Questions about Sterile Processing? Use our inquiry form