SUMMARY: Responsible for developing and implementing the global sales and marketing strategy for driving successful new product development and acquisitions as well as for executing powerful product launches and strong marketing and sales programs. Responsible for leading and managing our worldwide distribution channels, developing a strategic plan to promote sales growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all, or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Responsible for developing and executing a global sales and marketing strategic plan.
- Conduct market analysis to determine current and anticipated market needs. Translate market intelligence into effective long and short-term business plans and overall business strategies.
- Successfully build and leverage relationships with customers and distributors.
- Broaden the range of Microline Surgical’s business within existing accounts.
- Develop, plan, and execute new business account conversions.
- Plan and execute new product launches and ensure effective sales execution
- Develops strategy and gains alignment of the global sales and marketing team to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Develop strong customer relationships to become the organization’s expert in customer needs and opportunities.
- Accomplish desired results by setting priorities and effectively managing through people and processes, leveraging resources throughout the organization.
- Develop processes and enhance communication and sharing of best practices within the sales and marketing organization.
- Create a positive and performance-driven culture, build a repeatable sales process to deliver results and coach all levels of sales and marketing professionals.
- Hire and develop an effective sales and marketing team.
- Provide leadership and direction to the entire sales and marketing organization including distribution partners.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships between the field and home office personnel.
- Ensure sales and marketing compensation plans and incentive programs are in alignment with Microline Surgical’s business goals and objectives while providing
appropriate motivation for the sales team to consistently achieve and exceed targets.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- BS/BA degree or years of progressive sales and marketing experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive sales and marketing experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to create a highly engaging and productive work environment.
- Data and metrics driven approach with experience structuring, tracking, and improving KPIs and metrics.
- Previous experience in a medical device environment.
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills including experience with the direct sales process as well as experience working with distributors.
- Strong track record in accurately forecasting/meeting projected sales and budgets.
- Experience with international markets, including a broad understanding of regulatory environments.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization – both office and field environment.
- Significant domestic and international travel to visit existing and potential customers and distributors, attend industry trade shows, and other relevant sales related activities.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Microline Surgical is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act and as required by law, will reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals.
Apply for Position