ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Manage all production machining operations with a focus on continuous quality improvement, on-time delivery, efficiency, lower costs and support of all internal and external customers. This includes staffing levels and training.
- Shop functions include CNC Mill/Lathes, ECG grinding, EDM, Laser welding, finishing, some assembly and manual machining functions
- Develop and implement plans to
- Significantly decrease turnaround time to lower required inventory
- Maximize output with existing staff
- Support company growth
- Eliminate downstream downtime due to empty kanbans that the shop supplies
- Analyze cost savings comparing insourcing and outsourcing
- Work with quality and manufacturing engineering to continuously reduce NCPs and evaluate processes via root cause analysis.
- Apply knowledge and experience with continuous improvement, statistical process control (SPC) and lean manufacturing processes such as value stream mapping, 5S, mistake-proofing and Kaizen blitz.
- Develop and maintain metrics for machining operations, such as OEE, Utilizations, efficiencies, etc.
- Define and/or approve machining specifications, procedures and validations
- Develop staff via
- Performance evaluations
- Training as appropriate
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- BS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on machining operations, or equivalent experience. BSME preferred.
- 5 years progressive supervisory or management experience, preferably in a regulated industry such as ISO 13485 is a plus.
- Experience developing and executing material flow plans to achieve production requirements.
- Familiarity with CNC programming methodologies and cellular manufacturing a plus.
- Project management, equipment procurement and machining operation experience.
- Superior people skills needed to effectively interface with employee issues, customer needs and supplier issues as they relate to production requirements.
- Proven record of accomplishment of operational improvements including cycle time reductions, tooling cost improvements and performance output.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Microline Surgical is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act and, as required by law, will reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals.
Apply for Position