SUMMARY: The incumbent will troubleshoot, maintain and improve production equipment and fixturing. Be responsible for the administration and execution of preventive maintenance for all production equipment to minimize downtime and optimize production efficiencies. Will be the primary technical resource for performing factory acceptance, plant installation and commissioning of assembly equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on production equipment and plant facilities equipment including air compressors and lighting systems.
- Maintains spare parts inventory to support production.
- Continuously improves equipment and automation to reduce labor, cycle time, waste and increase efficiencies.
- Diagnoses problems, troubleshoot PLC code, replaces or repairs parts, detect and replaces defective control modules, test and make adjustments.
- Key team member in specification, reviewing designs, factory acceptance testing (at vendor’s facility)
- Able to interface effectively with outside vendors to resolve equipment problems.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of automated manufacturing lines. Including practical experience with mechanical equipment (motors, gears, belts, couplings), pneumatics systems (air compressors, actuators), PLCs, robotics and basic electrical systems required.
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and robotic programming software, specific experience with Allen-Bradley/RSLogix preferred.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematics, P&IDs and automation design specifications.
- Very good computer skills including MS Office and maintenance management applications.
- Experience in an ISO/GMP environment preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation writing and training experience.
- Understand and have working knowledge of Lockout/Tagout, machine guarding requirements and general safety requirements.
- Must be able to travel.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Microline Surgical is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act and, as required by law, will reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals.
Apply for Position