SUMMARY: The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager will assess, monitor, and enhance business performance of the Operations Team, helping to deliver Microline Surgical’ s mission to passionately provide solutions to improve the quality of life for everyone.
The CI Manager will develop roadmaps and work collaboratively across the Beverly site to scope out and implement improvement objectives to help the Operations Team grow efficiently and consistent with organizational safety, quality, delivery, innovation, and cost objectives. The incumbent will analyze current practices, develop business process improvements, and lead cross-functional teams through tactical implementation of improvement projects to meet organizational goals and ensure continuous company performance.
This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is a team player, change agent, has excellent communication skills, and the ability concurrently drive and manage multiple initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all, or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Serve as a key member of the Operations Management Team that sets the company’s operational strategic direction.
- Lead and drive CI projects and activities to meet operational objectives, including cost improvement projects and value stream improvement.
- Become proficient in manufacturing and assembly processes to be able to develop improvement initiatives.
- Benchmark performance across the operation and industry to identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish productivity pipeline roadmaps across departments.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen events and Focused Improvement Teams to drive sustainable improvements.
- Oversee organizational continuous improvement efforts as it relates to the Operations function: safety, quality, delivery, innovation, cost, and culture.
- Challenge the status quo to optimize manufacturing performance and deliver superior results.
- Develop and communicate long-term CI objectives and performance standards to staff and provide frequent feedback on the department’s performance against those objectives and performance standards.
- Performing gap analysis on current operational challenges, lead investigations, and provide feedback on current business processes.
- Introduce efficiency measurement metrics (e.g., productivity and OEE) to monitor/optimize the efficiency of the manufacturing operation.
- Training, mentoring, and guiding team members in new processes.
- Be a change agent in establishing and facilitating the CI culture
- Lead special projects as identified by Microline Surgical’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Stay up to date with developments in process optimization and operations industry best practices.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their manager.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or related field) required
- 5 years relevant manufacturing engineering and operations experience.
- 5 years of project management experience, leading strategic projects and/or continuous improvement initiatives
- Must be a hands-on contributor
- Experience leading projects and change management initiatives.
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills, including business and financial analyses.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge and implementation of Toyota Production Systems (TPS) preferred, including line/cell design, assembly line efficiency improvements, VSM, 5S, Tiered Management, Kanban, FMEA, LSW, Poka-Yoke, GEMBA Walks.
- Possess strong strategic development as well as tactical implementation abilities
- Bold, innovative, and willing to take calculated risks.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and progressive thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, consult and influence senior management in a cross-functional and matrix environment.
- Excellent written and oral skills, and strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Microline Surgical is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act and, as required by law, will reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals.
Apply for Position