At Microline, we are on a mission to improve the quality of life for everyone. To do that, we seek the best talent to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative employees.Apply for Position
SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, responsible for managing and coordinating supply chain requirements. Plan and schedule material procurement to forecast plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Responsible for direction of, managing and coordinating supply chain requirements in support of company objectives and operating strategies to maintain production schedule, meet demand, ensure high quality components and finished goods and attain excellent suppliers at best price and contract terms.
- Responsible for supplier selection, supply chain development, pricing, forecasting and planning procurement.
- Handle correspondences concerning delivery shortage, changes in pricing discrepancies as well as quality of inventory components due to material review board dispositions and ECO changes.
- Notify all Microline Surgical personnel that their request has been processed and provide information such as promised delivery date so that they may plan accordingly
- Act as a liaison/point of contact between Microline Surgical personnel and suppliers.
- Dispose of and/or address surplus inventory of assigned commodities and disposition accordingly.
- Inform manager and appropriate organizations of potential existence of any problems that may prevent timely delivery of orders and provide solutions to limit impact on production.
- Work with manager to determine efficient level of inventory to meet manufacturing requirements/needs and meet inventory turns of 4-6.
- Ensure purchase orders and requisitions are per Microline Surgical’s QMS including ASL.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience. .
- Minimum of 5 years Purchasing experience.
- Previous experience in a medical device environment, preferred
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of/ability to troubleshoot ERP/MRP planning system is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal and analytical
- Must be organized, proactive, show attention to detail and have strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have good computer skills.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Microline Surgical is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act and, as required by law, will
reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals.